For the past few years, our youth fellowship has been blessed to be able to send various teams to the India to serve at the NavJeevan Centre and the in the Red Light District. NavJeevan is basically a rehabilitation organization for children of the women who work in the Red Light District in Mumbai.
In light of the recent events in our community over the past few months, God has provided an opportunity for us to still be able to send a team this year. Minnie Thomas had been going since we started sending teams and Bobby Thomas has been serving there for the past 6 years as well. This will be Nisha Mathai’s first time going. Minnie and Nisha are leaving this Friday, while Bobby will leave on November 7th, and they will be serving out there for a month.
Whenever you remember, lift up a prayer for these guys. Here are a few requests that they have:
– Pray for their health (physical, emotional, spiritual), that God would protect them from sickness and any sort of illness.
– Pray for their safety as they travel around India and through the Red Light District.
– Pray that they will use every opportunity as a chance to minister to the people they interact with.
– Pray that they will grow together through this mission trip, and be united in spirit and truth.
– Pray for words and wisdom as they explain the situation of Binil Samuel (testimony) to the kids there.
– Pray that they will be a light and voice of truth and love to the children at NavJeevan.
– Pray that God will expand their vision of His Kingdom, and equip and empower them for great works, both overseas and when they return.
Whenever you guys remember, lift up a prayer…
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”