- [Rough Thursday] Last Thursday I had a rough day. A bunch of last minute projects made me stay at work an hour late. Then I had to walk to the train in the rain. Then I drove through a hailstorm to get to the Men’s Warehouse in order to get fitted for my tux for my sister’s wedding in 2 weeks. I pulled into a parking lot to turn around and I hit pothole and popped my tire. And I still hadn’t packed for my trip. But I thought, ‘Ah well, it could be worse.’ And then I was fine. :)
- [North Carolina] Because you all are obviously wanting more, here’s a pic of part of the living area in the cottage I was staying at, and then a view of my “backyard”:
- [Linzy and Christiaan] Like I said before, I was out in North Carolina to shoot my first destination wedding! The wedding was at the beautiful Duke Chapel (…I’m still not a Duke fan), with the reception back at the Governor’s Club. I’ll have a full write-up later, but here’s a handful of teasers until then:
- [Photographic History] Somewhere on the plane ride back I got a bit under the weather, and just felt like sleeping. But I got a quick call from my dad asking to go to my godparents place (his uncle) to take a portrait shot of them (which I wasn’t too excited about intially due to my ‘under-the-weather-ness’). You see, hanging in family room is a picture from India taken awhile ago with my Dad’s father, his brothers and their wives (minus the youngest brother, who is my godfather). So my dad wanted to get a picture of them in a similar pose/style blown up to hang right next to it. I don’t have a copy of the original, but this is what we’re blowing up:
It really helped me remember the importance of photography in people’s lives. This is something that goes back many generations. My only knowledge of some of my grandfather’s brothers are purely through these pictures. I’m glad I’m able to provide a service like this which last well beyond even my client’s years.
- [Summer League] After the portraits I got changed up and headed out to summer league. There were some good news and bad news. The good news was I played like I knew what I was doing (unlike last week) and felt closer in skill to my younger days. But the bad news – we lost both our games. So that makes us 0-4, and the only team not to win a game yet. Sad! We’ve got to step it up big time next week as our league lives are on the line…I’ll have gone from being in the Eastern Conference finals last year to not even making the playoffs this year. Wish me luck!
- [The Shot] Sadly, I didn’t have a picture of this as I put my camera to get ready for my game. But just a story: Going into the day, there were 3 undefeated teams, and all 3 suffered their first loss. The one with all the attention was the Pistons vs. the Bulls. Clock winding down, tie game, Shawn Thomas with the ball…8, 7, 6…baseline, spin…5, 4…turnaround, fade, shoot…3…around the rim, SCORE! The Bulls had 2 seconds but couldn’t get a good shot, and so ended their run to perfection! This porved a couple things to me…1) Summer League is filled with MADNESS!, and 2) Never put down the camera. Sorry guys!
- [All-Star] This is probably most boring time in sports during the year, as none of the 4 major sports in the US have an official game going on. It’s the night of the MLB home run derby before the all-star game, but it just doesn’t have the same excitement as before for me. But the All-Star game tomorrow…the Cubbies got 8 represented (with Marmol taking Woods’s place because he has a blister)! Awesome!
- [2.0] The iPhone 3G came out, and over million were sold over the weekend (the original iPhone took 74 days to hit the one million mark). I’m still debating whether to switch over to AT&T once my contract with T-Mobile finishes up, but we’ll see. I must say, I am liking the 2.0 software though (played around with it on my brother-in-laws original iPhone…).
The chapel was AMAZING!
…inside and out…