- [Photo Challenge] FINAL NOTICE! April’s challenge of “symmetry” is coming to a close. Get your submissions in ASAP!
- [lensrentals.com] Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to LensRentals. I wanted to try out the 70-200 before purchasing, so I rented it for the weekend. Quality condition, and extremely fast shipping (2 days!). I am very impressed. Oh, and here’s an image of what I was dealing with:
- [Deb and Cabin Preview (and #25)] This past weekend I went out to St. Louis (next bullet point) to second shoot the wedding of Deb and Cabin with Kenny Nakai, which was a great time to try out the 70-200. I had a blast, and Deb an Cabin were an absolutely gorgeous couple (they made my job so easy)! Here’s a little teaser as I start going through the images…I’ll blog a bit more as I get through all of them. Be sure to check out Kenny’s blog as he’ll be posting soon too! (And #25 of my ‘28 in 2008‘ list has been completed- second shooting with someone)
- [1 of 5 States (#6)] …And that also helped me completed part of #6 on that list. I’m not much of a traveler, so going to 5 states in one year is a lot for me. Being in St. Louis, MO was state number 1. We were literally there for less than 24 hours, so not too much sight seeing or visiting friends, but it still counts!
- [Never Eat Alone (#7)] This post is long overdue, so I figured I’ll just throw it in here. My book for March (I know…I’m a month late…sorry!) was “Never Eat Alone” by Keith Ferrazzi. Its an interesting read, covering his life and view of the world around him. He stresses the importance of networking, and more so the value of your network. By providing various case studies (many from his own life), he shows just how important we can be to the people around us (and them to us). By looking at relationships and networking with an unselfish motive, it provides the greatest benefit to all.
For April, I purchased 2 books, and started one of them: “How To Win Friends and Influence People”. It’s a classic and a good foundational book, which is mainly repeating many of the standards and views I was taught growing up. A long read though, which I won’t finish this month. Ah well, I will still read at least 12 books (and purchase 12 books) this year.
- [The Office] I don’t believe I blogged about this recently, but The Office has been back with new episodes for the past couple weeks! I love Thursdays again! If you’ve never seen it, go and watch them, and set aside your Thursday nights for this. I’ve been impressed/entertained greatly with the new episodes…have you?
- [Leadership Meeting] On Sunday, my church had a meeting among the leadership body of our youth/young adult ministries. It was good for us to re-connect and start progressing in standards of leadership. I’m excited to see the growth and change that is going on, and look forward to what’s ahead.
- [Chicago Weather] Who wants to complain with me? This is what see today from my Google weather: